What personal information is collected on the Labtalk Site?
When you subscribe to Labtalk®, you will be asked for your first and last name, title, company name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and fax number.
How do we use the personal information that we collect?
- JHI stores the personal information that you enter on the online subscription form internally and uses that information and to carry out its circulation and marketing activities.
- JHI will provide your name and street address to its printer, which will use that information to send you your print version of Labtalk®.
- If you provide your e-mail in subscribing to Labtalk®, JHI may (i) forward your e-mail address to JHI's list vendor(s) to use to send you e-mail promotional messages for other products and services offered by JMI and other companies, (ii) use your e-mail address to send you (a) newsletters published by JMI and/or its affiliates about developments and opportunities in the optical and ophthalmic industries, (b) e-mails from JMI's Eyefind® service, and (c) other advertisements and promotional messages for other optical products and services offered by JMI and by other companies, or (iii) provide your e-mail address to JMI's affiliates and others in the optometric and optical fields who offer products and services that may be of use to you. In addition, on occasion, JHI or JMI may send a list that includes your e-mail address to a third-party agency, vendor or client for a merge/purge operation.
- If you provide your telephone number, JHI may use it to call you if there is a problem with your subscription. You do not have to provide your telephone number to subscribe to Labtalk®.
- If you provide your fax number, you give consent for JHI to send you fax advertisements for JMI information products and services, products and services of FDI, and products and services of third parties in the optical and ophthalmic fields, at the fax number you have provided. JHI also may share your name and fax number with its fax vendor, who may send you subscription renewal forms by fax. You do not have to provide your fax number to subscribe to Labtalk®.
- If FDI, JHI or JMI is required to disclose your personal information by any applicable law, court order, or government regulation, it will comply with such law, order or regulation.
Do any third parties collect personal information on the Labtalk Site?
Bizo, Inc. (www.bizo.com) collects non-personally identifiable information about visitors to the Labtalk Site such as job function, seniority, company size, industry, and geography, which it calls "Bizographic Data." Bizo uses Bizographic Data to track visitors to the Labtalk Site by IP address and to serve ads to those visitors when they visit other Web sites within Bizo's network. Bizo does not collect any personally identifiable information.
What about non-confidential information that you transmit to us?
Any communication or material that you transmit to the Labtalk Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary. FDI, JHI or JMI may use anything you transmit to or post on the Labtalk Site for any purpose, including but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, posting and/or ranking, without compensation and for any purpose whatsoever.
How can you correct your personal information?
To keep your personal information accurate, current, and complete, please call 212-274-7123.
How can you be sure that your personal information is secure on the Labtalk Site?
JHI takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information as you transmit it from your computer to the Labtalk Site and to protect it from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Labtalk Site may not be secure, Moreover, if you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on the Labtalk Site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
What about links to other Web sites?
If you are a California resident, how can you find out the names of any information brokers or any other third parties with whom FDI, JMI or JHI may share your personal information under California Privacy (Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575 et seq. ("Cal-OPPA")?
Send a request to email@example.com and within thirty (30) days, JHI will provide you with that information.
How will you know if this policy has changed?